Complaint Review: Capital Management Services, LP

• Submitted: Wed, January 09, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 09, 2013

• Reported By: Shinglemaster — Coatesville Pennsylvania United States of America
Capital Management Services, LP
698 1/2 South Ogden St. Buffalo, New York United States of America

Capital Management Services, LP Fishing for Collections Buffalo, New York

These people are completely full of s***!  They are a classic "fishing" collections company.  If you receive anything from them, be very, very sure that the debt is even yours.  My son and I share the same name (I'm a Jr., he's a 3rd).  A year ago, I got a letter trying to collect a debt.  I foolishly called them to say they had the wrong person, and wound up in a gret argument with their representative.  He swore he had spoken to me before, said he recognized my voice and said he would know the difference between the voice of a 50+ year-old and a guy in his twenties.  He would not give me any info to document their claim, not even the last four of the social attached to the debt.  I told him that my wfe and I had never had a charge at the stoe in question.  He said they'd take me to court.  I told him I'd see him there.

I later spoke with my son, who acknowledged that the debt was his, and that he had spoken to this guy before. They just go after anyone they can; if you throw a handful of darts blindfolded, one or two will probably hit the bullseye.  I sent a complaint to the PA State Attorney General's office and anyplace else I could think of.

I write this now because I just got another letter from them.  It's in the trash.  I don't know if it's my son's or not; I don't care; it's not mine!!  These folks did not do the "due dillegence" that should be required of a collection agency.  I can't believe this company is allowed to stay in business!  I will post this anywhere I can.  These people should be sued for harassment, illegal business practices, and shut down for good!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2013 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Management-Services-LP/Buffalo-New-York-1420676-51/Capital-Management-Services-LP-Fishing-for-Collections-Buffalo-New-York-994237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Management Services, LP