Complaint Review: Capital Meats, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, January 21, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, January 22, 2012

• Reported By: kirtandasi — United States of America
Capital Meats, Inc.

Capital Meats, Inc. Some of the worst meat I've ever tasted, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Remember.....

In the hopes that something good may eventually come of my purchse from Capital Meats, I have waited to make any kind of formal complaint about this company and the companys product. However, since November, we have an ample opportunity to sample all the different cuts of steak that we purchased from Capital One. I can say with assuredly that their product is horrible. The water content in the steaks is so high, that any time we cook the meat, our whole house fills with smoke. The cuts are not fresh, are tasteless, and are questionably edible. For example, the chopped steak burgers are all brown on the inside with fresher red meat packed around the brown core patty.

One more than one occasion, I have thrown half of a cut away because it is brown and looks scary. I am embarrassed to have purchased this meat against my husband's advice that it was probably a scam. I really hoped that some of cuts were just worse than others, but it is not so. So here's a public apology to my husband (I'm sorry!!), and more public appeal to those who may yet be saved. Their high pressure sales tactics don't lend you much time at the doorway to research the product, but if you have a smartphone or something, hopefully you can read this report in time.  And regardless of what they might tell you, as my salesman Brandon claimed, the meat is NOT guaranteed hormone and antibiotic free.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2012 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Meats-Inc/internet/Capital-Meats-Inc-Some-of-the-worst-meat-Ive-ever-tasted-Internet-826262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Meats, Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Remember.....

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Only a sucker buys meat by the piece. Alwas know the local butchers price per pound.

Know the USDA grade levels. The top 3 are prime, choice and select. The door-to-door stuff is always lower.

The door-to-door people will say it's USDA inspected. So what ?? Most dog food is USDA inspected.

How many times has the meat been thawed and refrozen? You'll never know.