Complaint Review: Capital One Auto

• Reported By: Jill S. — United States of America
Capital One Auto
3905 N. Dallas Pkwy Internet United States of America

Capital One Auto Sold car without notification, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Capital One - more of the same...

*Consumer Comment: Team Rebutt needs to put this one in

*Consumer Comment: They Were Supposed To Let You Slide, Right?

Capital One Auto Finance sold my car with out informing me. I was 45 days late on my payment and they started calling my job and cell phone every 15 mins. ( claimed system issues) I surrended but explain to rep that I wanted my car back but I could not take the 2 weeks of harrassing calls to my job and home.  (one rep told me to work the street or if i owed my home i should sale it and stay in a homeless shelter, paying capital one was the right thing to do).

Two weeks after they pick up the car in front of my home they sold my car at auction for $4000 and the trade in value $9000. I never received anything and had made 1/3 payment two days before auction. Capital one claim they did not have my address.  THEY PICKED MY CAR UP IN FROM OF MY HOME. The towing company knock on my door to get the keys.

capital one is demanding over $10k to settle account. There is a law they states that a creditor must informed the consumer that the vehicle is going to be sold at auction. I was not informed I cant sue but capital one auto can sue me after they broke the law.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2012 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-Auto/internet/Capital-One-Auto-Sold-car-without-notification-Internet-897987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One Auto

Capital One - more of the same...

AUTHOR: Humanity - (United States of America)

Capital One received billions in bailout money when they needed help.  Even if they have paid the money back, they received help.  Apparently, when they were not able to meet their commitments it was acceptable to give them a way out. The consumer is not relevant, only greed is deserving of Capital One's time not the consumer.

Capital One is more of the same that think rules do not apply to them. The history of their business practices is despicable. Businesses that are concerned about their reputation should never assume that they are entitled to respect and recognition by default. This has to be earned, the clock is ticking....

Team Rebutt needs to put this one in

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Jimmie lives in a perfect world and you must meet his standards

They Were Supposed To Let You Slide, Right?

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You failed to live up to your end of the contract. They did a repo which is their right when it comes to deadbeats. The car is then sold at auction and you pay the difference. Nothing unusal there. If you didn't want a repo then you should have paid on time. They did their part by funding the purchase. Without regard to the excuse, YOU are the one who didn't do their part. End of story. I guess they were supposed to allow you to continue to string them along. You don't want calls...you don't want a repo? Very simple remedy...its called "pay your bills when due". No sympathy here. You failed to perform...they protected themselves. Enjoy walking. And by the way...I don't work for them.