Jim

Complaint Review: Capital One Bank - Bank One - Jacques A. Machol, Jr. - Machols And Johann

• Submitted: Fri, March 24, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, March 24, 2006

• Reported By:Boulder Colorado
Capital One Bank - Bank One - Jacques A. Machol, Jr. - Machols And Johann
PO Box 85015 Falls Church, Virginia U.S.A.

Capital One Bank, As Assignee Of Bank One - Jacques A. Machol, Jr. - Machols And Johann ripoff, Admittedly held payment until 4 days past due date, charged me a late fee, then, an overlimit fee, then refused payment twice, never responded to written communication, and refused to make arrangements for payoff, now trying to take me to small claims court for a judgement besides ruining my credit! ripoff Denver Colorado, Falls Church Falls Church Virginia

In 2000, Capital admittedly held my payment check until after the due date, thus charging me a late fee which also put me over my limit and added additional fees. I have communicated with Capital One both via phone and in writing disputing this situation. They have not responded to my written notices.

Per legal advise, I submitted to payments to them while I was disputing my late fees. Both of which, were returned uncashed. I even called to discuss the confusion with their representatives and they advised me that they would not accept payment. That they intended on closing my account and ruining my credit if I did not pay them in full immediately. This is a violation of our contract, and thus a nullification of our contract.

Despite my repeated attempts at making arrangments to pursue a payoff arrangement, Capital One and their respective collections agencies refused to work with me. Now, they have destroyed my credit, and are attempting to pursue a judgement against me in court. My understanding is that there is a class action lawsuit regarding the same basis for thousands of others. I am interested in getting involved in this class action lawsuit and would appreciate being contacted in regards to it.

Karla
Boulder, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2006 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-Bank-Bank-One-Jacques-A-Machol-Jr-Machols-And-Johann/Falls-Church-Virginia/Capital-One-Bank-As-Assignee-Of-Bank-One-Jacques-A-Machol-Jr-Machols-And-Johann-ri-183079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One Bank - Bank One - Jacques A. Machol, Jr. - Machols And Johann

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC