likes

• Reported By: Business Owner — Woodbridge Virginia United States of America
Capital One Bank
www.capitalonebank.com Internet United States of America

Capital One Bank Overdraft Fee unethical charges Internet

*Consumer Comment: When you get to PNC, be sure to tell us how "much better" they are...

I have been banking with Capital One for over 10 years now.  I have recently noticed how Capital One is unethically charging overdraft fees to my bank account, along with my business bank account.  Capital One will submit a negative item on your account DAILY and charge you $35 DAILY until they decide they want to return the item.  Most other banks will only submit the transactions twice and then finally return to sender.  I had over $600 in overdraft fees on my personal account due to the same transactions Capital One was trying to post daily instead of returning them after the second attempt.  In addition, on my business account, they process the large debits before your smaller debits and deposits and I incurred over $1000 in overdraft fees on my business account.  I received over $200 of those fees for transactions that were under $1.  This is absurd and I am sure it is in violation of the Frank-Dodd act.

Do not do business with Capital One.  They will rob you blind!  Worst bank ever.  Moving to PNC!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-Bank/internet/Capital-One-Bank-Overdraft-Fee-unethical-charges-Internet-990014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One Bank

When you get to PNC, be sure to tell us how "much better" they are...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

when you continue to overdraft your accounts...you do know that's YOUR fault, don't you?

I can't wait to see how your new bank treats you.