Complaint Review: Capital One Bank

Nationwide USA
  • Phone: (717)889-1188
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Capital One Bank Oscar Alexander Called my cellphone.Posed as loan officer for Cap.One Bank. Misused Visa Card amount $540.00 2nd person posed as supervisor read tax laws to me and I paid $300.00 to "IRS" Harrisburg,Pennsylvania Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Good catch!

I was called on my cellphon on 08/01/14 by a man who said his name was Oscar Alexander and he represented Capital One Bank as a Loan Officer.

He said he was returning my request for a loan, as I had sent out a request to this particular bank.

He said I was eligible for a $3,000.00 loan.

In order to start the process I had to pay $40.00. He told me to purchase a prepaid Visa (PayPower) card and load the money on it.

Then it was an insurance fee on the loan for $180.00

Then it was an IRS tax holding for $300.00

Then a closing fee for $240.00 which I refused to pay.

I demanded a contract E-mailed to me for authenticity of the transaction.

After 3 so-called failed attempts to my gmail account, he successfully sent it to my iphone.

The contract had the Capital One logo at the top, and an address in York, PA.

I looked up the address and discovered that it belonged to a First Capital Federal Credit Union.

I then headed straight to the Police Dept. and registered a case against the scammers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2014 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-Bank/nationwide/Capital-One-Bank-Oscar-Alexander-Called-my-cellphonePosed-as-loan-officer-for-CapOne-Ba-1167637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One Bank

Good catch!

AUTHOR: Mike Miller - ()

This is a popular type of scam now and ripoff report is littered with similiar reports - the telltale sign is when they ask you to load a prepaid card. No legimate lender, especially one with the resources of Capital One, would ask for such a thing. Congratulations on avoiding it and reporting it to the police. Unfortunately, in my experience police dismiss such a thing as a civil matter, but it never hurts.