Complaint Review: Capital One Bk(USA),NA

• Updated: Sat, August 13, 2011

• Reported By: Sheetal — Nagpur Internet India
Capital One Bk(USA),NA
P.O. Box 30285 Salt Lake City,, Utah United States of America

Capital One Bk(USA),NA capital one platinum credit card charged with membership fee after full payment of balance on the account account and closure request. Salt Lake City, Utah

*Consumer Comment: It's easy!

*Consumer Comment: The Ripoff Is???

I had made a full payment on my credit card, and asked for closing my account. I had sent an email with regards to closing my account. About a few months back a negative alert appeared on my credit report. I was surprised seeing the negative alert. I decided to check my emails and go through my statements all over again. Capital one had charged a membership fee after, I had made a full payment on my account balance and asked for closing my account through email.

Later, I inquired with capital one through email. I received an email mentioning that, I should call and no written reply would be given. To my surprise now, I owe about $120.00 for not paying a membership fee, since a late fee has been charged against the membership fee.

Capital one had deleted the emails that I had sent to them in order to close my account. There was infact no communication in the email system. I'm a computer professional, and I take extreme care of my accounts. All, of my passwords are not stored in a file or in wrong hands. Moreover, I know how to encrypt. There is not a slightest possibility to have the emails deleted from my side.

I believe this must have happened to several customers of capital one. Currently, I'm in India, and its great trouble to resolve the dispute from over here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2011 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-BkUSANA/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130-0285/Capital-One-BkUSANA-capital-one-platinum-credit-card-charged-with-membership-fee-after-764773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One Bk(USA),NA

It's easy!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Dont pay em SQUAT!

You don't want to be a "member" anyways.

The Ripoff Is???

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You said you used the account and paid off the balance. Using the account, under the contract, means you accepted the terms and conditions of the account. They granted you credit whether or not you paid it off in full. Therefore you obligated yourself to the fee.