Complaint Review: Capital One Credit Card Company

• Submitted: Mon, September 24, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, September 24, 2012

• Reported By: shirley — Pagosa Springs Colorado United States of America
Capital One Credit Card Company
Box 30285, Salt Lake City,USA, Utah84130-0285 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Capital One Credit Card Company Is still charging me after a pay off with a supervisor on line. Paid again just to get rid of them. More charges. Can NOT get rid of them. Salt Lake City, Utah

1.  Walmart charged my cap one card 7 times for a gift card.  I got one card only.  Between the two companies the charges were reversed, dropped, reapplied and even reversed charges that were valid.  I ended up paying over $400.00 that were not corrected just to pay them off and get rid of Cap One.  2.  I wanted to transfer a balance to Elan Financial.  Instead, Cap One charged my account instead of the other way around.  (without my permission) Took forever to get this straight.  My banker and I called many times and were hung up on.  I have tried unsuccessfully to rid myself of this horrible company for months.  4.  Spoke to a supervisor and asked "what can I do to make you go away?"  She said you must pay all the charges which were the bogus $400 + dollars.  She stayed on the line while I was transferred to someone who could take my payment and close the account.  Never happened.  I still receive statements in the mail with additional charges and when I call they tell me the account is closed.  I still have access to my "closed" account on internet.  I have called repeatedly to tell them to take my information off internet and they will not receive further payments and to in ALL actuality close my "closed" account.  I was told that some of the charges were to Experian.  Experian acct. is closed and they denied being paid from the Cap One acct. for any services.  So the charges are for what I do not know but will not pay them one more dime.  I have never dealt with the likes of this company and their unethical practices should not be allowed to continue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-Credit-Card-Company/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130-0285/Capital-One-Credit-Card-Company-Is-still-charging-me-after-a-pay-off-with-a-supervisor-on-945983. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One Credit Card Company