Complaint Review: Capital One Credit Cards

• Updated: Tue, August 17, 2010

• Reported By: dannyshihtzu — Beeville Texas United States of America
Capital One Credit Cards
PO Box 30285 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Capital One Credit Cards Capitol One Credit Card misinformation and lies Salt Lake City, Utah

*Consumer Comment: You probably paid late

I have been attempting to pay off 2 Capitol One credit cards. In one case I payed the full amount due and asked them to close the account in writing. Of course the next month I get ANOTHER bill with a interest charge of $10.00. I called them and asked them AGAIN to close the account. The unhelpful foreigner at the end of the line told me there would be a $10 'convenience' fee to pay them but that the would 'kindly' waive the fee if I paid the $10 interest fee. I agreed. The $10 was debited to my checking account but the amount owed on the account was shown as $10 less on my credit report. I'm sure I'll get ANOTHER bill next month, which I will return to them with all of the paperwork displaying their errors and send a copy to the Texas Attorney Generals Office.

The second account is more mysterious. I received the bill like I do every month. I send a check for the full amount and asked them to close the account. The full account number is not listed on the payment stub. This has never prevented them from taking my payment  before but for some mysterious reason it caused sufficient confusion on their end for them to return my note with the request to close the account stating that since the account number was not present they couldn't close the account.....duhhhh. So, they didn't return the check. I called customer 'service' and asked what happened to the check and the status of the account. They could find no record of the account! So as far as I'm concerned that account doesn't exist if they can't take payment on it or located it in their computer system. If it actually does exist they can turn it over to collections and eat the bill.

Since they are determined to have incorrect information reported to the three credit agencies they can bite. I'm powerless to deal with them in a responsible and honest manner.

Stay away from these people. Also stay away from Chase and Santander because I'm going through the same hell with people. They'll take all of your money but you'll never get their tentacles out of your wallet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2010 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-Credit-Cards/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130-0285/Capital-One-Credit-Cards-Capitol-One-Credit-Card-misinformation-and-lies-Salt-Lake-City-618439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One Credit Cards

You probably paid late

AUTHOR: Cj - (U.S.A.)

Sounds like when you made your payoff, you paid after the next bill cycled, so interest accrued on your account. A common occurrence. I dont know how computer literate you are, but you must have knowledge since you posted this online.  Just pay online. I dont pay anyone by any other method than online, except for my landlord. That way your payments dont get lost or misposted or other weird things happen. But if you mail in payments, or do them over the phone, you are just asking for mistakes to happen.