Complaint Review: Capital One Credit Cards

• Submitted: Wed, April 13, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, April 13, 2011

• Reported By: David — Irving Texas United States of America
Capital One Credit Cards

Capital One Credit Cards 300$ Credit Card has balooned into over 1500 in fees, Internet

Back in 2004 I had a Capital One Credit Card that had a 300.00 balance. the card was maxed out and I lost my job and could not make the minimum payment for two months. I did call in to let them know I lost my job and was looking for a new one. At the end of two months I got a job and went to pay the card back current I was informed that the card was already closed and was charged off. and that I needed to pay in the neighborhood of 500.00 to clear it up. I told them I thought that was extortion but  if they remove the file then I would pay it.  They said they would only show it as paid.

Now this listing n my credit is over 1500.00 dollars.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2011 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-Credit-Cards/internet/Capital-One-Credit-Cards-300-Credit-Card-has-balooned-into-over-1500-in-fees-Internet-717290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One Credit Cards