Complaint Review: Capital One Direct Banking

• Submitted: Mon, January 11, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, January 11, 2010

• Reported By: Mark R — United States of America
Capital One Direct Banking

Capital One Direct Banking Online Banking with No Online Access, Holding Money Hostage Asks to Not Be Held Responsible, Internet

I opened a Capital One Online Banking account for my business in November. After my initial deposit (which I mailed in to open my account) I realized that I could not transfer money from a different bank account at another bank, nor could I withdraw money this way! So it was essentially an Online Banking account which you could not use online! It was entirely useless, so I asked for my account to be closed.

On December 18, 2009 I was told my account was closed and that I would be sent a check for the balance, which would arrive in 10 business days. The amount was over $20,000, and after 10 business days it still did not arrive. I emailed Capital One Online Banking and they indicated they would need to cancel the check and send me a new one, which I said was fine.

After this, they then emailed me that they cancelled the check, and now needed me to sign an Indemnity agreement so that they could not be held responsible if someone else obtained and cashed they check because I issued it!

I did not issue this check! They issued the check to me to close my account with them. This should be their responsibility. I have no proof they ever even mailed me a check since they refused to provide me with a tracking number. It's now been about a month that my money has been sitting in limbo, not collecting any interest, and I have no proof it was ever sent to me. Why would I ever want to agree not to hold them responsible for this???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2010 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-Direct-Banking/internet/Capital-One-Direct-Banking-Online-Banking-with-No-Online-Access-Holding-Money-Hostage-As-552485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One Direct Banking