Complaint Review: Capital One Financial Corporation

• Updated: Sat, December 09, 2000

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Capital One Financial Corporation
Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

Capital One Financial Corporation opened a different account in my name that was completely fraudulent

I had 2 cards;visa and m.c. . I paid them off but they kept adding charges and wouldn't close them. An elec. payment was made to them but they have no record, when my bank does. Csr's hang up when I try to get help from them. A fraudulant account was opened in my name, that I found by accident on a credit report. Now I have to get an attourney. 11 months pass, now I get another letter saying that an account I closed almost a year ago was reopened by them and I owe the entire original credit limit which they say is maxed. over 15 different calls to these people and now I can't take it anymore; I'm seeking lagal advice. I even heard bad word of mouth about capital one at the supermarket. My God, this can't go on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-Financial-Corporation/Richmond-Virginia/Capital-One-Financial-Corporation-opened-a-different-account-in-my-name-that-was-completel-4008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One Financial Corporation