Complaint Review: Capital One Visa - Discover Card - Sprint PCS - Citibank Master Card - NextCard

• Submitted: Thu, October 16, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, October 16, 2003

• Reported By:Hesperia California
Capital One Visa - Discover Card - Sprint PCS - Citibank Master Card - NextCard
Nationwide Companies Nationwide U.S.A.

Capital One Visa, Discover Card, Sprint PCS, Citibank Master Card, NextCard companies did not respond to several mailings about identity theft and account fraud! Nationwide Ripoff!

In November of 2000, I was on a military base visiting my boyfriend when my car was broken into and credit card information, pay stubs and my Sprint PCS cell phone were stolen. I tried to make a report on the Marine Base and they said to go to Oceanside to make a report because I was a civilian. I couldn't get anyone to take a report of what happened to me for nearly 18 months.

When finally I got the report taken, none of the companies asked for a copy of it. All of the debts that had been run up were marked as Charge-Offs because the credit company gets the tax break in that case. If it were fraud, they would have to "eat the loss."

I have constantly reported to Experian, Equifax and TransUnion to fix the errors, but the companies remain still adament that the debt is mine.

Two days after the incident, because the incident happend Saturday morning, I wrote letters to each of the companies and even phoned most of them to let them know of the situation. I asked them to send me payoff balances up to the date of loss and none of them cooperated.

Still, to this day, nothing has been done to rectify my credit and I have suffered so much loss that I cannot even rent an apartment! The Great Thorn, Please Help!

Amy
Hesperia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2003 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-Visa-Discover-Card-Sprint-PCS-Citibank-Master-Card-NextCard/nationwide/Capital-One-Visa-Discover-Card-Sprint-PCS-Citibank-Master-Card-NextCard-companies-did-69312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One Visa - Discover Card - Sprint PCS - Citibank Master Card - NextCard