Complaint Review: Capital One bank

• Submitted: Tue, July 26, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, July 26, 2011

• Reported By: Ferdinando — Cypress Texas U.S.A.
Capital One bank
Internet Internet United States of America

Capital One bank Cheat, not fiduciary in effort with client Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: There is more here

• A credit card was charged 3 times- after revocation of priviledge to vendor

• A dispute was filed. three charges initially removed--$79 each.

• capital One than senta letter stating that one charge was upheld. I owed $79 for a service I didnot receive nor authorized, ($79).

• I requested supporting documentation from Capital One. Eventhough they promised to send one I never got that documentation.

• That $79 charge has grown to approx. $500. I refused to pay it since I receiv ed no documentation nor did I authorize the deduction(debit).

• I've requested numerous times from Capital One and through Lexington Law and nothing as of this date. Time frame approx. 3 years.

• Now reflected on credit reports and unable todate (08/2011) to get it removed.

• I need assistgance in removing this wrong notation from my credit. I had the Credit card for 5 years previous to this and did not miss a payment.

• Capital One refused to comply or perform fiduciary duties to me as stipulated. I need assistance from this error. Tjank You.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2011 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-bank/internet/Capital-One-bank-Cheat-not-fiduciary-in-effort-with-client-Internet-Internet-756675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One bank

There is more here

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

This is not a case where just out of the blue you had a charge from some random vendor.  This is a case where this vendor at one time did have authorization but you say you "revoked it".  It is curious how you didn't mention the vendor or what the $79/month was for.

If I was to guess that this is some service you signed up for and decided you no longer wanted, for what ever reason.  But because per the vendor you had a contract you can't cancel and they were going to continue to charge you.   So you think you would go the other way and try to get the Credit Card to do a Charge back.

I bet I am pretty close.  Where if this is the case this sounds like "contract dispute" and it is rare that a Credit Card company will get in the middle of this.   Your real action was probably against the vendor.  But 3 years later you are probably stuck with it on your credit report.