sequence

• Submitted: Tue, August 15, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, June 24, 2008

• Reported By:Phenix city Alabama
Capital One
4851 COX ROAD RICHMOND, Virginia U.S.A.

Capital One disrespectful dishonest greedy employees greedy RICHMOND Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Spiegel Is Alive And Well

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Paid Capital One from old Speigel account

Captial one began harassing me, for an account they claimed they purchased from fcnb/spiegal, 11/03 they where rude disrepectful towards me when I tried to explain that spiegal was still trying to collect from the same bill. Capital one, then started to harass me threw collection agencies! & capital one rudely said they do not need my permission for them to purchase my old account from fcnb/spiegal & began demanding I pay them!, who do they think they are talking to me like this! I never opened an account with them! & they failed to provide any proof,

I decided to settle with the idiots! but I was only going to pay $200 but the capital one rep. starting speaking to me hateful & disrespectfully so i hung the phone up!, I started not to pay the disrecpectful idiots but I calle back ^ this capital one rep. spoke a little more decent so I was able to pay so I could get their idiot company of my back!, capital one started to put inquiries on my credit files I had not applied credit but onetime but I found two others on my credit files, this was another form capital one for capital one to harass me!. This, is how capital one treated me from the very beginning rude, disrecpectful & treating me like scum!, this is how these idiots treat people like scum!.

Charles
Phenix city, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2006 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One/RICHMOND-Virginia/Capital-One-disrespectful-dishonest-greedy-employees-greedy-RICHMOND-Virginia-206276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

I would have there card after how they treated me rude, abusive, hateful for no reason. They are nothing but dirty crooks I should not had paid them after how hateful they spoke to me.

When someone speaks to me like I am a dog that just gets me so pissed @ them I threatend not to pay them & tell to go ahead & place the bill on my credit files.

I was so angry I didn't care if my credit was messed up nobody talks to me like that if I am nice & polite towards them. But I am not going to be nice anymore.

Spiegel Is Alive And Well

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

The company has its own credit card which is under the company WFNB which issues for instance, Abercrombie and Fitch, Victoria Secret, Lane Bryant, Metro Style etc. Spiegel has a website.

Over 50 cards. Including the Limited

Remember to look at the statue of limitations in your state and the portfolio purchaser state.

In the state of Virginia it is 3 years for eligibility of an old portfolio of loans to be valid for purchase.

So, you should never had to pay any money if this is the case and you should get it back.

Remember, there is a tremendous amount of money to be made for people, companies , and attorneys that purchase old debts. Many companies operate under the guises of a P.O. Box which can be a Mom and Pop business. Attorneys use automated phone lines to get you to call and 800 numbers. A Bona Fide agency has a regular phone number and a street address.

Beware though and understand the statute of limitations and court cases that may have been filed against the original issuer.

Caveat D'Emptor

Look at your credit bureaus as they provide all the necessary number to contact to remedy problems.

Have a great new year,

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Suzanne - (U.S.A.)

Don't pay anything to any company without anything in writing. FYI....Spiegel went out of business several years ago. I don't believe any company bought them out. They just went under. You allowed yourself to be scammed by paying them. Your now going to be on their hit list. Be careful!!

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds