visual

• Updated: Wed, April 23, 2014

• Reported By: Ta-Metta — Minneapolis Minnesota
Capital One
, Select State/Province USA

Capital One Denied access to the credit protection insurance on my credit card. minneapolis

*Consumer Comment: Why did you fall behind?

*Consumer Comment: Capitol One Credit Card Services/THIER CREDIBILITY

I had a capital one credit card that had insurance on it for credit protection, when I fell behind in my payment instead of the representative activating the insurance she hung up and my wages were letter garnished because that representative did not provide good customer service and activate my insurance. Now they send my credit card offers a few times a year. THE NERVE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 07:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One/Select-StateProvince/Capital-One-Denied-access-to-the-credit-protection-insurance-on-my-credit-card-minneapol-1133732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One

Why did you fall behind?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

The Payment Protection you have doesn't just automatically kick in if you fall behind.  You MUST have a COVERED reason.

These terms generally include loosing your Full Time Job or sickness keeping you from working for an extended period of time.  If you just fell behind because you over extended yourself or had other bills to pay that is NOT covered.

Capitol One Credit Card Services/THIER CREDIBILITY

AUTHOR: Jewels - ()

I had a credit card with Cap 1 in 2011 ( when I opened it ) . I was going through divorce after 31 yrs. of marriage. My husband was suppposed to pay minnimum payments on my bills until we settled.He failed to do this.I called Cap 1 to let them know my situation. They seemed sincere enough. Well I didnt settle until 6 mths later. I was way below the card limit by 500 dollars.Cap 1 added enough fees to put me upp almost $1000 above what it was in February 2012, to July 2012. I payed them off july 2012, They had my balance at 3473 dollars offerd a payoff of 3273 dollars.I authorized an ach payment of $3273.48. They were payed. 4 days later they took an authorized amount of $ 1273.48 Sent me confirmation on both. I have been trying to straighten this out ssince. Yhey are on my credit reports that I am a charge off loss of $2884 to this day. I soe with them 10 different employees ( say Im payed off 2 say The paymments were never received ) Capitol one sent me a refund check in Novemberer 2013 of $ 350. Cap 1 is still in my report that I am a charge off of $ 2884. This has caused me the worst credit problems its hard to even find a place that will rent to me. Cap 1 has got my credit score held down under 619 If I Try to contact them They again open the file send me to collections again. So it contiuously looks like a more recent black mark on my credit.They were overpayed $1273.48 I AM CERTAINLY NOT A CHARGE OFF OR A LOSS....... Who are they to decide anyones credibility to have acredit card or not whe they RIPPOFF THIER CUSTOMERS.....THEY HAVE NO CREDIBILITY......