- Report: #850176
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Capital One
Capital OneInternet United States of America
Capital One Company practices on charges are deplorable, Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. Added a monthly membership fee after I went paperless. By the time that I realized that they had added a monthly fee, they told me it was too late to contest the fee.
2. Jacked up my interest rate after I supposedly missed payments because I was making them on or the day before their due date, but their automated online system was actually moving my payment dates past the due dates.
3. Moved my account cycle date 9 days out from my due date, meaning any payments made during that time between the due date to the cycle date was counted toward the previous month's payment--which then made me ineligible for my interest rate to be lowered when they said it would because my payment didn't count for the month. I paid a large sum on 11/18, my due date was 11/28. My next payment was 11/30. They marked me as no payment in December.
4. Gave me the $35 late fee back for the December payment, but refused to allow my interest rate to go down in June because I "missed my December payment".
5. Refused to update my credit report when they had made an error. They claim on my credit report that I went 30+ days overdue, which never happened. This occurred in Feb 11, and again in Aug 11. They corrected the Aug 11 report, but kept saying they would correct the Feb 11 and never did. Of course, jacking up my credit score.
6. Of course, couldn't lower my interest rate, but raised my limit by more than double to keep me from complaining.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2012 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One/internet/Capital-One-Company-practices-on-charges-are-deplorable-Internet-850176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.