Complaint Review: Capital One

• Submitted: Mon, October 01, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: VGood — Henderson Nevada United States of America
Capital One

Capital One Continued to add charges to my account after I paid it off. Continue to harass me., Internet

I thought I paid off my Capital One Card, but I had a couple of companies whom were charging membership products to my card. I called Capital One and asked them to stop allowing them to charge things to my account.  I had moved to a different state and I had not received anything from them for over 9 months.  One of the companies was Disney and Capital One would not place a stop on future shipments of DVD's.  I only owed the $111.00 dollars and I sent them a check and told them to close my account.  They would not close it.  They continued to allow Disney and Columbia House to charge videos to my credit card.  Columbia House agreed to stop but Disney would not.

I refused to pay Capital One for any future charges and I kept getting statements with charges and interest.  They added late fees and non payment fees.  My credit card charges went from 0 to over $2000. in about 2 years. They keep giving the account to Law Firms and they call me everyday.  I refuse to pay them a penny more.  I have had other companies credit cards and have never had this problem. I love Chase.  I can always rely on Chase to cancel a purchase if I dispute it and take the charges off which Capital One refused to do.
Capital One acted as if the more charges they could get on my bill the more I would have to pay them and it would never end.  Several times I called them and they refused to help in any way. It was bad enough my call was going to Pakistan and I had to deal with people who were trained to be difficult and not help the customer in any way...  I gave up and I have sent letters to the attorneys twice and talked to them on the phone.  Some of them have been understanding and then the case goes to another one.  I get calls everyday from a lawfirm in Las Vegas but I refuse to pay them one dime.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One/internet/Capital-One-Continued-to-add-charges-to-my-account-after-I-paid-it-off-Continue-to-haras-949329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One