Complaint Review: Capital One

• Submitted: Tue, July 10, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, July 10, 2012

• Reported By: Kristi — Springfield Missouri United States of America
Capital One

Capital One David's Bridal Credit Card Not honoring payment arrangement Internet

I made an arrangement with Capital One to pay off my account making 3 payments of $280.  I made the first 2 payments, and called to reschedule the final payment, asking specifically if changing the date of the final payment would affect the payment arrangement.  I was told, "No, ma'am; it will not."

I asked specifically if the account would be marked as paid in full on the new arranged date, and was told that yes, it would.

I called back to ask why my newest bill was not reflecting the arrangement and still showing a balance of almost $1,000.  I was told that since I changed the final payment date, I voided my agreement with them and the account was back to the previous standing, which was MORE than what it was before I paid the 2 payments of $280!

I asked to speak with a supervisor and he told me the same thing - that my arrangement was voided.  I was given NO notification that it was voided, was not called about the account.  No contact was made with me about it, AND I was told that my arrangement would not be affected.

Now, I'm being told that even though I've been making payments of $280/month, almost triple the minimum payment, that my account will still go to collections and be possibly written off.

How is this legal????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2012 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One/internet/Capital-One-Davids-Bridal-Credit-Card-Not-honoring-payment-arrangement-Internet-909469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One