Complaint Review: Capital One

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: Seals — Indianapolis Indiana United States of America
Capital One

Capital One Did not send notification & sold my info to scum of the earth companys Internet

*Consumer Comment: If..

I co-signed an 18 month same as cash for my son a laptop. I told them not to give him further credit on this account. They went behind my back & issued him more credit. He used it & eventually didnt pay. Instead of notifying me, the co-signer, they sent it to collections & sold my info to some scum of the earth companys like Stoneleigh & their associates. I was contacted around the beginning of December 2012. I payed the account off on 6 DEC 2012 but have been harrassed numerous times daily since, the last one was just today. Calls me at work. I tried to handle this situation by calling & working this whole thing out but they balked at me so now we go this route. They have thousands of unresolved complaints at the Better Business Bureau & are NOT "A" rated. All I asked is they fix their mistake, no cash or settlement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One/internet/Capital-One-Did-not-send-notification-sold-my-info-to-scum-of-the-earth-companys-Intern-1006815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One

If..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

If you paid it off in December, why when they are calling you in January are you trying to "work the whole thing out"?

Did you not pay the entire balance in December, did you try to make payments that they wouldn't accept them, did you pay less and tried to "settle" the account?    However, if you have truly paid this off and have the proof you can send them the proof as well as a request to Cease Contact.  Once they receive that(so get proof via return receipt and certified letter) they are no longer allowed to contact you.  If they do you could actually take them to small claims court and sue them for violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Of course all of this goes back to your Son.  If your son isn't trustworthy enough for you to not be able to trust him to not get additional credit..why in the world would you co-sign for him?  At least I hope you took his laptop(and what ever else he bought) away from him until he pays you back.