Complaint Review: Capital One

Nationwide USA
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Capital One Secured Credit Card Denied for a secured credit card AND got my credit checked TWICE! Nationwide

I 'applied' for the Capital One secured credit card, because for my credit it was the way to go. I figured it was a safe and advantageous way to open a credit card and start getting my credit back on track. I thought it was weird that they have to run a credit check for a secured credit card, but Capital One had a good track record (I thought), and decided to go with it. Not only did they check my credit TWICE (two different days with 3 days in between) which doesnt help my credit at all, I was DENIED! Not sure how you can be denied for a secured credit card. My credit is not that horrible. It is a couple points shy of 600 (not great, I know), and was willing to deposit the money required to get it started. Really???? Not sure what type of company denies anyone for a secured credit card AND checks their credit record TWICE! Any websites I can find that I can tell my story to keep anyone else from making the same mistake, I will report them. You cant even email them unless you have an account open with them. They are very very not customer service friendly. You cant mail them either unless you have any account. You try to find the information on their website, and you cant find any type of contact for the 'home' office. Really??? Are they that paranoid?? Not only did my credit get dinged for TWO credit checks, I dont even get to rectify it with a credit card to pay on that would have been supplied with my own money. Its stupid and makes NO sense. I hope anyone reading this DOES NOT APPLY for their stupid 'Secured' credit card. It could make your credit worse!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2014 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One/nationwide/Capital-One-Secured-Credit-Card-Denied-for-a-secured-credit-card-AND-got-my-credit-checke-1169307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One