Complaint Review: Capital One

• Reported By:Cheboygan Michigan
Capital One
Nationwide U.S.A.

Capital One Services Rip off artists nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Arrow Financial & Capital One needs to be put out of business immediately.

*Consumer Suggestion: Send them a "cease&disist" letter.

Back in 2001 I received a capital one card. With all the fees and so on, I decided to close it. I was told by Capital One they wouldn't close it until there was a balance zero. So before moving in 2002, I paid in full the amount due, in writing cancelled the card and cut up the card and put with last payment.

Not to be heard of until...
Two months ago. I get a phone call from Arrow Financial Services. Capital One has turned me over for collections on an outstanding account that they "charged off".
I call capital one. They can't talk to me, they have no files on me accept the last payment I made (the balance to close ofcourse) but I would have to speak with the collection agency.

I tried to talk with them, explain there must be a misunderstanding. They went on to tell me they would call everyday until they got their money. It is crazy. I refuse to give them the money. I paid my balance. They say I owe nearly $900 dollars. I don't understand. I haven't received any bills from the time I closed it until the recent phone calls from these goof balls.
However, Capital One did send me a pre-approved credit card application so I could pay off my "other" account and the interest will stop increasing. What nerve. I can't wait to tell my husband. He is going to be steaming mad. I don't know who to call though. I think I will try to call Capital One again with the check number and date cashed etc. see if I can get another "genius" on the phone to help me.

Nena
Cheboygan, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2004 01:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One/nationwide/Capital-One-Services-Rip-off-artists-nationwide-107573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One

Arrow Financial & Capital One needs to be put out of business immediately.

AUTHOR: Beverly - (U.S.A.)

I was constantly harassed by Arrow Financial regarding my late mother's account with Capital One. I told them that my name is not on the account and that my mother is deceased. I was told that I should have sent them a death certificate instead of Capital One. I told the collector that I do not recognize third party debt collectors and that her agency is not entitled to anything. She said, you owe me money and I said, I don't owe you anything and never contact this household again. Twenty minutes later, I received three phone calls from this agency.

I immediately went to Arrow Financial's website and I wrote both the cEO and their attorney. IU sent the email with a read receipt. The CEO deleted the email without reading it. Arrow's attorney read the message. I basically told him to tell his client to cease and desist immediately or I will go after his law license.

I also filed a formal complaint with the Illinois AGO. Now I am being harassed by another collection attorney for this debt.

I called his voice mail last nite and I told him to cease and desist or I will go after his law license.

Capital One, needs to be put out of business immediately.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ruth - (U.S.A.)

Send the collection agency a "cease and disist" letter. Tell them they must "cease and disist" under penalty of law. Then, they have to turn the debt back over to Capital One, and the collection agency will not be able to harrass you, anymore.

#3 Consumer Suggestion