Complaint Review: Capital One

• Reported By: Crap in my Wallet — Morgan Hill California
Capital One
Nationwide USA

Capital One Won't return my money. Richmond, Virginia  Nationwide

I opened a secured credit card account with Capital One in June, 2014. I paid a $69 security deposit to activate a card with a $200 limit. I wanted to increase my credit limit, so on July 8 and 9, 2014, I tried to deposit $200 on both occasions using their website but got an error message saying they were having problems and to try again.

On July 10, 2014, I was checking my bank balance online an noticed that both $200 deposits were accepted by Cap One, but when I checked my credit limit with them online, the payments were not reflected. I called their customer service department and was told that it would take 2 weeks for the money to become available.

I asked that they return my $400 in deposits, my $69 security deposit and close my account and was told that it would take 2 billing cycles, 60 days, to get my money back.

If I was late making a payment to them they would charge a penalty and interest, but they can hold and use my money for two months as they please.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2014 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One/nationwide/Capital-One-Wont-return-my-money-Richmond-Virginia-nbspNationwide-1162914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One