Complaint Review: Capital One/Credit Inform

• Updated: Sat, December 17, 2011

• Reported By: W Weems — Portland Oregon United States of America
Capital One/Credit Inform
https://servicing.capitalone.com/c1/login.aspx, Oregon United States of America

Capital One/Credit Inform Recurring monthly fees for a service i did not request, servicing.capitalone.com/c1/login.aspx, Oregon

Today I found recurring monthly charge to my capital one credit card that i did not request. It was 5.99 a month for a service called credit inform. When i called capital one, i was told that I could not dispute the charges because they were a partner company but that I had to contact credit inform. Credit inform told me that it was a service that i had requested thru capital one. I told them both that if they did not have my signature requesting this service that I wanted my money back. Credit inform told me that their phone number is on the statement right next to the charge and that i could have called at any time but since i did not, they would only give me 6 months back. When i told them that 6 months was not enough they told me i could have 6 months or nothing at all and hung up. I called capital one back and am continuing with my dispute. I also rolled all my debt onto a credit union card with a much lower interest rate and will not be doing anything with cap one again.

Further more, I have filed a complaint with the BBB, am seeking any class action that may exist, have filed this complaint, and am posting this to social media websites. I encourage EVERYONE with the same experience to do the same. This behavior should be socially and morally unacceptable. If this has happened to you fight back and tell everyone you know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2011 05:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-OneCredit-Inform/httpsservicingcapitalonecomc1loginaspx-Oregon-/Capital-OneCredit-Inform-Recurring-monthly-fees-for-a-service-i-did-not-request-servici-810817. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One/Credit Inform