Complaint Review: Capital Vacations - Capital TAID - Sun CapitTAID

• Submitted: Tue, November 18, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, December 06, 2004

• Reported By:Englewood Colorado
Capital Vacations - Capital TAID - Sun CapitTAID
9641 Gulf Blvd. Treasure IsLand, Florida U.S.A.

Capital Vacations(aka)Capital TAID - Sun CapitTAID ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Treasure IsLand Florida

*Consumer Comment: How did they get my account number

*Consumer Suggestion: capita taid sun I figured out how to talk to someone

*Consumer Suggestion: Just say no

Well to Start off,They said that my free 14 day trial wouldn't start until after i received the membership package,Which it didn't, It started the next day and i received my package 5 days later in a NEXT DAY PRIORITY EXPRESS Envolope.

Second,From the first day i got the package i started calling the 1-888-824-7675 # to cancel the membership and Everytime i would ring through i got a messege that would say sorry, but all our line are buisy right now please try back at a later time!,Then it would hang up.
So i tried to send them emails to report to them that i have been triing to call to cancel but cant get threw and guess what all 15 of my emails where denied and sent back.

Then 1 time about 2 weeks later i finally get threw no options to pick to talk to a customer service person only 2 options 1 was to cancel membership and get refunded,Which i chose to cancel well it was never canceled, and next thing i know i'm being billed for 59.95.& days later i noticed another bill to my card for 49.95 from a person/Company called ("Stay In Touch L. StyInTchLd") and thats the only thing it says no RF# Or Phone # nothin Just ("Stay In Touch L. StyInTchLd") -$49.95.

Even now i can still call and get that recording and according to that my account is still active and every time i Use the cancel option. Still its not canceled.
As for the free gas, You only get that as long as your a memeber, As soon as you cancel they are no longer good.

Kelly
Englewood, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2003 06:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Vacations-Capital-TAID-Sun-CapitTAID/Treasure-IsLand-Florida-33706/Capital-VacationsakaCapital-TAID-Sun-CapitTAID-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Tre-72372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Vacations - Capital TAID - Sun CapitTAID

AUTHOR: Densie - (U.S.A.)

Ok, so I understand that you shouldn't give out an account number, but I didn't. I never talked to these people, I have no idea who they are. This is insane. I am not paying 60.00 for some stupid vacation package. Thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Why would I give out my savings account number overthe phone anyways you know. I am bringing fraud charges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Consumer Suggestion

capita taid sun I figured out how to talk to someone

AUTHOR: Jose - (U.S.A.)

Ok like they were saying no options to talk to anybody only a automated system if you entered a number that hasnt been used on the so callled account 2 time just wait on the phone till yoy here a voice that says that someone will help you and then it will star ringing and you finally will get to talked to somebody and get a cancellation number and that's it.

just wait on the phone after you enterd a number that is not the one you used to buy the package.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Just say no

AUTHOR: Dara - (U.S.A.)

I got a call for this vacation thing and the first thing they wanted was my bank information with routing# and said I would be charged in 15 days. OK, I've learned this much, even if they say they need the information just to verify you have a bank account-DON'T DO IT!

I called to cancel a week after the call and it was an automated voice saying it was cancelled-that's it! After I was charged 59.99 I called my Bank and got the name TAID and # 1-888-824-7675 and called again and an automated voice said my account would be credited in 7 days and then, GET THIS if I have other programs with them call this other#!

I call the other # just to see if I had somthing needing cancelled I didn't know about and cancel that, they tell me I have YET ANOTHER PROGRAM and need to call ANOTHER NUMBER TO CANCEL! Keep in mind this is ALL AUTOMATED. I had no option to speak to a human being.

So now 7 days have passed since my so-called cancellation and I'm still waiting for my account to be credited-to be sure, I'm chasing them down and reporting them to the BBB. Apparantly they still have my account option to cancel everytime. Their cancellation must be a lie