Complaint Review: Capital Vacations - Paradise Vacations

• Submitted: Wed, October 20, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, October 20, 2004

• Reported By:Kirkland Washington
Capital Vacations - Paradise Vacations
8601B Somerset Drive Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Capital Vacations - Paradise Vacations connivingly attempted to obtain my bank account number by using a false number they had on file ripoff Largo Florida

*Author of original report: RipOffReport.com is a truly reality-shifting thing.

Two days in a row I recieved a phone call on my personal phone from this compnay. On October 18th, 2004, they called saying that they were Paradise Vacations and told me that I had qualified or won a free vacation package and that they wanted to send me all of the information in the mail. At first it seemed genuine, but I was wary. I continued to talk to the gentelman probing him to see if everything was legit.

After a couple of minutes, I realized something was wrong. He asked me if I would confirm my checking account number. I told him that I did not have a checking account, only savings. He gave me a number, which I think may have been a routing number and asked me to verify it. I said that was not the number. Then he asked if I could give him the account number. At once I told him that I would not and that I was finished with the conversation.

The gentleman continued to try and tell me about the vacation package as I was hanging up.

The next day, October 19th I received another call. I always check my caller ID to see if I know who is calling. The number looked familiar so I picked up. A gentleman, possibly the same one as the day before, said he was calling from Capital Vacations and had a free vacation package for me and wanted to verify my checking account number. I told him that I told their guy the day before not to call me and then I hung up.

My only regret is that I did not probe them for more information on their company. I highly recommend anyone who is contacted by these people to do so, just don't answer any of their questions.

Jennifer
Kirkland, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2004 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Vacations-Paradise-Vacations/Largo-Florida-33773/Capital-Vacations-Paradise-Vacations-connivingly-attempted-to-obtain-my-bank-account-num-113870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Vacations - Paradise Vacations

RipOffReport.com is a truly reality-shifting thing.

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

I would like to make mention that when I hung up after the phone call from "Capitol Vacations", I did a search on Google to see what I could find out. I found that on this website, as well as the Better Business Bureau and the Florida Better Business Bureau, there were several warnings about this company and the list of complaints of the last 12-36 months is amazing. Just complaining about a business is one thing, having so many people go through the trouble of entering their complaint in the BBB websites and RipOffReport.com is a truly reality-shifting thing.

I followed the instructions on the BBB website and had my bank account information changed. Annoyingly, of course this is going to cause me a bit of undue hardship in that my paychecks will be delayed due to processing of direct deposit information, and I had to change information at other institutions in order to keep my finances in order. This is truly irritating.

I wonder if they will continue to try to call me.