Complaint Review: Capital Vacations, Sun Capital

• Submitted: Mon, March 22, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, March 22, 2004

• Reported By:Eureka California
Capital Vacations, Sun Capital
5414 West Crenshaw St., Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Capital Vacations, Sun Capital aka "Stay In Touch L. STYINTCHID" aka "WLI*RESERVATIONREWARDS ripoff, dishonest, fraudulent, Lying Tampa Florida

The women who called wanted to send me a free 14 day trial, to look at vacation deals. It wouldn't start until I received the membership package. About five days later I received the membership package.

The next day I sent the envelope with the membership card back. I wrote CANCEL across the the evelope and the membership card, and highlighted it in bright yellow. I thought this would be the end of it. I was wrong.

15 days later, I get a letter from my bank saying I've had a automatic debit returned to my account. 59.95 was the amount, how could this be. I looked my account up on line and there was another transaction there, that had gone through for 49.95. I asked the bank for the phone numbers so i could see who this was.

The first phone number I got was (888)-824-7675, this is the number to Capital Vacations, they ask you to key you phone number in so they can locate your account. It says call back later, to talk to a representitive. I called the other number(888)711-6689, just to find out this is a long distance service, called "Stay In Touch L.STYINTCHLD", which is just another branch of the "Capital Vacation".

I did speak to a woman, who I explained my situation to. She gave me a Cancellation Number. She then told me my account would be credited in 14 days. I asked her if it meant both charges and she said only the one for the long distance. I would need to call the other number and give them this cancelation number and they would take care of the other amount.

I couldn't get through to the other number until later that day. The number was busy all the time. Finally I got through and the message was "We have located your account and it will be credited in 7 to 14 days."

A couple of weeks passed and nothing, I tried to call and i got the same recording "We have located your account and it will be credited in 7 to 14 days." I tried the other number and just get a busy signal. I continue to try for the next two weeks and then a big surprise on my bank statment. They have taken two more payments out of my account. I still can not reach anyone!!! I just get the recording "We have located.

Amy
Eureka, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2004 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Vacations-Sun-Capital/Tampa-Florida-33634/Capital-Vacations-Sun-Capital-aka-Stay-In-Touch-L-STYINTCHID-aka-WLIRESERVATIONREWAR-84939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Vacations, Sun Capital