Complaint Review: Capital Vacations, Suntasia

• Submitted: Sat, October 16, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, October 16, 2004

• Reported By:Goleta California
Capital Vacations, Suntasia
8601B Somerset Drive Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Capital Vacations - Suntasia Unauthorized Charges to Checking Account Largo Florida

I recieved a call about two weeks ago from a seemingly delightful woman telling me about how I can get my hands on a free travel gift without any financial strings attached. She said that Capital Vacations was now offering 14-day free trials and that the free trial would start AFTER the person receives his/her gift in the mail. Anytime during the 14 days, the person is permitted to cancel the free membership and no charges would be made to the account. Sounded Good.

But It wasn't.

I NEVER received the gift in the mail and just YESTERDAY I found that $59.95 was charged to my checking account. I was furious and did a quick search and stumbled upon this site. After reading all the reports from other helpless victims, I was left utterly puzzled: How can they get away with this?

The enformation and suggestions posted on this site prompted me to call my bank IMMEDIATELY. I filed a dispute claim with the Dispute department, and even gave the representative the web address to ripoffreport so she could verify. She said that she put a stop to the company's ability to obtain any future money from my checking account, filed a report, and also said that since I contacted the bank so quickly, I should get ALL my money back in 10 days.

It's a petty situation to be in but if you take the right course of action IMMEDITALY - DON'T WAIT!-you can at least get your money back and prevent them from stealing any more from you. I was successful because of this site and hopefully many of you will be as well!

Disgruntled Customer
Santa Barbara, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2004 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Vacations-Suntasia/Largo-Florida-33773/Capital-Vacations-Suntasia-Unauthorized-Charges-to-Checking-Account-Largo-Florida-113251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Vacations, Suntasia