Complaint Review: Capital Vacations, - Travel Agent Network - Suntasia

• Submitted: Thu, December 23, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, December 23, 2004

• Reported By:Princeton New Jersey
Capital Vacations, - Travel Agent Network - Suntasia
696 1st Avenue North Suite 200 Saint Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Capital Vacations, Travel Agent Network, Suntasia rip-off! They refuse to return money after cancellation via automated system within trial period. Saint Petersburg, Florida

I was stupid enough to sign up when they called me.
Several reps passed me to each other to convince me
how great it is, "today is the last day of that promotion", "you can always call us for a full refund within 14 days trial period", all these pressure tactics.

They took my bank account to put initiation fee of $40
(or maybe "for verification purposes", not sure).
During the long series of pre-recorded questions (I had to say "yes", "yes"...) they somehow inserted that there is a $149, but I can always cancel within 7 days.
By the time I received there info package, they
already charged me $149.

So the first thing I did is called that 888 number
(there was no human, only automated system)
and cancelled it (an it confirmed the cancellation).
I was sure that it's done. 7 days later I got another charge of $59.95. And every month they charge me $19.95.

Unfortunately I haven't look carefully at my account
for a while. When I saw that nothing got refunded,
I called again and cancelled through their automated
system again. But it didn't help. So I searched internet and found your site with over 170 ripoff reports for that company. I found that I need to press ## to talk to a human being, but only Mo-Fri 10-6 EST [that's why I was always getting that automated system!]

I called them so many times and every time they told me
that "supervisor is not available, but he will call you
back", liars! Finally I was able to reverse 2 last charges, but my bank said it would be difficult to get
anything back from over 60 days. I also sent a written complaint to that company, but no response so far.

People, there are more than 170 reported fraud
on that site! Lets start a COLLECTIVE LAWSUIT against
that company! We can do it!

Thanks,

Oleg
Princeton, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2004 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Vacations-Travel-Agent-Network-Suntasia/Saint-Petersburg-Florida-33701/Capital-Vacations-Travel-Agent-Network-Suntasia-rip-off-They-refuse-to-return-money-aft-124180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Vacations, - Travel Agent Network - Suntasia