dried

• Submitted: Tue, October 19, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, October 19, 2004

• Reported By:Los Gatos California
Capital Vacations
www.capitalvacations.com , Florida U.S.A.

Capital Vacations Representative called me on my cell phone. Was very rude, and tried to extract my bank account details. Tampa Florida

Lady from Capital Vacations called me on the cell.

She spoke in a very fast voice, so fast I had to have her repeat herself 304 times. She told me I had won a vacation, and told me they needed to verify that I had a checking or savings account to be eligible for the prize. I told them that I was not in the habit of giving out my bank details. The lady then told me that they had my details anyway. I started to object, and the "lady" on the other end started to abuse me, telling me I had no right to call Capital Vacations a rip-off, that Capital Vacations was a reputable "multi-billion" dollar company blah blah blah.

Before I ccould get a word in she hung up

I have reported the Company and this lady to the LOS Gatos police, and to my bank.

Is there any thing else I can do. Is there a formal government consumer rights advocacy, or ombudsman that I can file a formal complaint with? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Mark
Los Gatos, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2004 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Vacations/Florida/Capital-Vacations-Representative-called-me-on-my-cell-phone-Was-very-rude-and-tried-to-e-113637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Vacations