Complaint Review: Capital Vacations

• Submitted: Sun, November 07, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, November 07, 2004

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Capital Vacations
8601 B Somerset Dr. Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Capital Vacations, Suntasia Inc., FTN Promotions Attempted bank account ripoff Largo Florida

I have received several phone calls from different solicitors of this company. They tell me I have won a free vacation for four people, including airfare and hotel, with no obligation on my part.

When I've asked how they got my phone number, they tell me that it was either from a purchase or other Internet transaction I have made.

All they need in order to process my prize, they've told me, is to confirm that I have a bank account. Then they want the account number. The first time I heard this request, I couldn't believe my ears. What nerve!

The last time I spoke to such a solicitor I kept her on the phone for a few minutes. She kept after me about the account number, asking me, "Do you think I can empty your bank account just by getting the account number or the routing number?" Instead of trying to use gentle persuation, she got argumentative. That raised lots of red flags for me.

I warn others: don't be fooled by these scammers. If a deal like this sounds too good to be true, that's because it is! Don't give out any of your personal information -- none! If they call back, hang up.

Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2004 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Vacations/Largo-Florida-33773/Capital-Vacations-Suntasia-Inc-FTN-Promotions-Attempted-bank-account-ripoff-Largo-Flori-116551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Vacations