Avenue

• Submitted: Thu, October 14, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, October 23, 2004

• Reported By:North Platte Nebraska
Capital Vacations
8601B Somerset Drive; 3 Bellevue Dr Largo; Treasure Island, Florida U.S.A.

Capital Vacations ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Largo, Treasure Island, St. Petersburg Florida

*Author of original report: I finally got my money back.

Someone from capital vacations called my home saying that I was in good standings with my bank. Since I just opened my bank account not long before this call, I figured it was someone involved with my new bank.

He wanted to send me information and he was so nervous that I couldn't understand half of what he was saying so I figured what's the harm in receiving information. I cancelled the package during the FREE trial period and yet, they still took money out of my account ($59.95 to be exact). I never authorized them to take that money out of my account and everything was cancelled way ahead of time.

I called them and they gave me an address to write to for a refund of my money, never seen it. That is my money! And yet my bank is trying to say that it's preauthorized and if I want to stop the payment, I would have to pay a $30 fee for something that was mine to begin with!

I keep trying to tell my bank that this was done by a fraudulent company and to reverse the ACH transaction, but they won't even respond back. Time is running out and I'm getting very irritated.

Michelle
North Platte, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2004 06:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Vacations/Largo-Treasure-Island-Florida-33773-33706/Capital-Vacations-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Largo-Treasure-Island-St-Petersbu-113039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Vacations

I finally got my money back.

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

I got a hold of my bank and they said they would research and send me information, but instead my money showed back up into my account a couple of days afterwards. I don't know if Capital Vacations gave back the money or my bank, I'm just glad to have it back.