Complaint Review: Capital Vacations

• Submitted: Fri, August 06, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, August 06, 2004

• Reported By:Zanesville Ohio
Capital Vacations
699 First Ave., North St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Capital Vacations ripoff St. Petersburg Florida

I received a call offering me the Capital Vacation package. I was told, at that time, that if I didn't want it that I could cancel membership within 14 day.

Wishing to cancel, I followed their instructions of writing to their "ID Department" and stating that I wished to cancel and sent my letter immediately by certified mail.

Tracking my certified letter on the USPS web site it showed it was delivered at least five days prior to their cancelation deadline.

I do my banking online and noticed that $59.95 was deducted from my checking account AFTER they received my letter. I found an 800 number from Rip-Off website. I called and they told me they have no record of my letter, but would cancel my account immediately.

I was also given an address of 699 First Ave., North, St. Petersburg FL 33701 to write to and I would get the $59.95 reimbursed to my checking. Yeah, Right! We'll see!

By the way, I told them that I saw their company on Rip-Off. I informed them I would be writing my own report about them and would let Rip-Off know what the outcome is.

Linda
Zanesville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2004 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Vacations/St-Petersburg-Florida-33701/Capital-Vacations-ripoff-St-Petersburg-Florida-102461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Vacations