Complaint Review: Capital Vacations

• Submitted: Wed, October 27, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, November 03, 2004

• Reported By:Melbourne Florida
Capital Vacations
696 1st Ave N. St Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Capital Vacations ripoff St Petersburg Florida

*UPDATE Employee: know your facts

please help. capital vacations called my home and said that i was selected to receive a mini vacations package, free long distance services and several other "perks" as a free trial. although my gut instinct was screaming not to give out my personal ckecking account info....i did anyway. once i received the package in the mail, i immediately called the hotline and cancelled via an automated service.

when i received my bank statement, $59.95 had been deducted. i called again and spoke with a woman named tammy, she told me to write to the company and request a refund, i did. i have received nothing and it has been one month. i called the hotline again and tried to cancel my benefits but can never get an actual person. i check my bank account daily to see if further deductions have been made, luckily they have not. however, i am in a constant state of panic that they have my personal info, what else could they use it for? i admit my stupidity for falling for their sales pitch, but i am scared that they could get access to my credit cards or pull more money from me. i was financially strained by the 2 hurricanes that hit my area and the $59.95 would come in handy right about now... please advise me. i tried to email them but the email they give on the hotline is invalid. what else can i do?

April-Joy
Melbourne, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2004 03:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Vacations/St-Petersburg-Florida-33701/Capital-Vacations-ripoff-St-Petersburg-Florida-114800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Vacations

know your facts

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

Let me add to everyone who had monies withdrawn from their accounts.First....Once the rep. has explained the offers ther is a recording made with certain questions asking the customer if he or she understands the conditions of the agreement,i might also add that the script used in this recording was created by lawyers in a highly respected law firm used by our company. Second....yes,we do ask for your checking account info. it's the easiest and safest way to do business of this sort.Your checking account # are not so secret,if they were...why would the banks put them on the front of ALL your checks for everyone to see.Yor employers banking #'s are on the front of your paychecks...do you think you can just go into their acct.?.....NO. Thats the reason for the recording...it's a verbal reciept....Third....when i first started with the company..i called my wife and went through the whole process just to see if it was a scam....we recieved ALL what was supposed to be sent...we cancelled....and no monies were deducted from our account. So for those of you who may have a beef with our company..understand....there are always problems with any company..we do our best to work them out...but ...the fact of the matter is...if monies were withdrawn from your acct.,it was done legally.If you forgot to call within the free trial date...it's on you.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC