Complaint Review: Capital Vacations

• Submitted: Fri, November 05, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, November 05, 2004

• Reported By:Rochester New York
Capital Vacations
capital vacations.com Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Capital Vacations ripoff vacation scam long distance scam trial offer scam Tampa Florida

I got a call on Thursday (11/04/2004) from Capital Vacations informing me that since I have a Checking account in good standing they are offering me Trial offer of their vacation membership + long distance calling for two weeks + free airline
gift vouchers..if I dont cancel within the trial period than my account would be debited...
and they even had my Banks Routing number and account number and were very smart and said that this whole conversation is recorded as a proof that "WE SHALL NOT DEBIT YOUR ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU DECIDE TO CONTINUE AFTER THE TRAIL PERIOD".

After the call I decided to search on the internet for this and to my shock I found all the rip off reports about this scam.

I immediately called them up and asked them to cancel my trial offer and they said they cant do anything till wednesday since the entry is not showing up...what a excuse...

I have also approached my bank (charter one) and they have assured me of Action.

Milind
Rochester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2004 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Vacations/Tampa-Florida/Capital-Vacations-ripoff-vacation-scam-long-distance-scam-trial-offer-scam-Tampa-Florida-116260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Vacations