Complaint Review: Capital Vacations

• Reported By:Avondale Arizona
Capital Vacations
Nationwide U.S.A.

Capital Vacations scam attempt Nationwide

I received a phone call from "Capital Vacations" stating they were going to mail me a package, do not throw it away for it would have free plane tickets to anywhere I wanted to go in them. I could try it out and if I liked it purhcase their vacation plans for future trips. I said ok, i'll look for the package, and asked how they got my name. They said I had done business with one of their affiliates in the past three years (could not give me a name! Bingo!) She then asked who I banked with I told her and she then asked me to get my check book out and read the routing number digits off to her at the bottom of my check so she could verify with the bank I was still a customer. NOT!!! SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! I hung up on her! A few days later I received a call again from them and told them scam artists to take my number off the list.

If you get a call and they ask for your account info. and you give it to them, that is giving them the right to take money. DO NOT GIVE IT OUT!!!!! Be smart! Ask lots of questions!
Do not let them take advantage!

Avondale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2004 11:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Vacations/nationwide/Capital-Vacations-scam-attempt-Nationwide-83376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Vacations