Complaint Review: CapitalOne Credit Card

• Submitted: Thu, July 26, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, July 26, 2012

• Reported By: Lichtran — santa ana California U.S.A.
CapitalOne Credit Card
5595 E. 17th Street Suite 129, long beach 90807 Internet United States of America

CapitalOne Credit Card CaptialOne System Errors Causes Customers Suffer a Big Lost, Internet

The CapitalOne Credit card company advertises and frequently sends promotion checks to customers allowing them to use checks for purchases, cash, or transfers with no transaction fees.
However, their system automatically put on hold customers credit account
for trivial/wrong reason.  Consequently, customers suffer charge back for returned checks and fee for cancelled checks
even they have never spent over limit on their CapitalOne credit accounts.

On 7/17/2012 I paid $2000 for my credit line of $2000. CapitalOne accepted this payment and my balance became -$90.  That meant CapitalOne owed me $90 and my balance had $2000 available.  The next day, 7/18/2012 I wrote a CaptialOne promotion check #12923 of $1800 and deposited to my checking account at Bank of America.  However, until 5 days later, on 7/23/2012 I knew the check was denied.  Bank of America charged back $12 for returned check and subtracted $1800 from my bank account. I also suffered fees from other cancelled checks due to insufficient checking
account at BOA.

On 7/24/2012 My account balance is $0, my available credit $2000, I wrote another check #12924 of $1820. Still, again my account is on hold due to other banks deposit $3000 into my account on 7/26/2012.

I contacted CapitalOne five times about this problem.  They said: "An account will be put on hold if there is  (1) Large amount of payment or (2) Multiple payments.  It is automatically system, they cannot change it.

These are wrong reasons because Capital accepts large amount and multiple payments from customers.
Why did they accept payment and then put on hold their customer account?
They can put on hold the amount deposited until it is cleared.  But they should not put on hold consumer
credit line or their entire credit account.  Put on hold credit line and put on hold the check is different matter.

CapitalOne said they want to make sure the amount received is cleared.  However, the amount should
be cleared before posting the transaction. They should post only after the amount is cleared and should give the
accurate balance on their customer credit accounts. For example, it is very confused for customer having balance negative -90 after paying $2000, but credit is not available as if they paying late. The payment from customer in large
amount to CapitalOne is not customers' fault.  Customers do not spend over limit on their account.  Instead, customers pay to increase the amount available on their account.  It is different from late payment.

CapitalOne also failed to notify me about their decline as they stated in section Important Information About this Offer on the info how to use Capitalcheck promotion.

I believe hundred thousand customers have been suffered such wrong and unfair practice. FTC and STATE should investigate to protect other Citizens from this error.

I want CaptialOne pay back any charge back fee by Bank of America, other cancelled check fees, and other lost due to CapitalOne system error.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2012 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CapitalOne-Credit-Card/internet/CapitalOne-Credit-Card-CaptialOne-System-Errors-Causes-Customers-Suffer-a-Big-Lost-Inter-917828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CapitalOne Credit Card