Complaint Review: Capitol City Nissan

Capitol City Nissan
5211 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard Chamblee, Georgia United States of America

Capitol City Nissan Sold me a Defective Car Chamblee, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Relax

I purchased a brand new 370z in January. First shady practice by sales was not fully disclosing the trade value of my vehicle and working it into the numbers. Also, the vehicle did not come with floor mats and I was forced to pay out of pocket extra. Initially I heard some noise only during certain points while engaging the clutch in and out of 1st gear. Several friends heard it and a service member at Capitol City tested the car and told me to ignore it.

A few months later I continued hearing the noise more and I brought it in for service. After thorough diagnosis, they found a bad drive shaft and transmission, both needing to be completely replaced. I was furious that a new car had a faulty transmission and drive shaft. I told them I would contact Nissan and that I wanted out of this car because I did not trust the quality of its manufacturing. Capitol City had the audacity to accuse me of damaging my own drive shaft and transmission even though the noise was apparent at the time of purchase. Capitol City also threatened me about getting Nissan involved with a buy-back option stating they would uncover abuse and my car would not be covered under warranty and they wouldn't buy it back. In this case I would lose out both ways because at the moment Capitol City was willing to fix anything under warranty. However, if Nissan examined the car they would determine it not to be warrantable and that due to abuse I would have no solution than to pay for repairs.

The entire Capitol City staff from sales to service and management is entirely arrogant, condescending and abusive to their customers. They assume no responsibility for replacing my vehicle and even yelled at me for contacting Nissan Consumer Affairs. This dealership is unacceptable and operating without integrity.

Capitol City is currently fixing my vehicle and I am awaiting Nissan's response to taking my car back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2012 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capitol-City-Nissan/Chamblee-Georgia-30341/Capitol-City-Nissan-Sold-me-a-Defective-Car-Chamblee-Georgia-868342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capitol City Nissan

Relax

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Give them the opportunity to fix the car. If they don't do a good job take it to a different dealer.

You know you didn't abuse it and it's under warranty so relax.