Complaint Review: Capitol Credit Alliance

• Submitted: Thu, August 21, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, August 21, 2003

• Reported By:Hoquiam Washington
Capitol Credit Alliance
P.O. Box 46101 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Capitol Credit Alliance/CCA ripped off $$$ without authorization Las Vegas Nevada

I reiceved an overdraft notice from my bank stating the amount of $199.99 was withdrawn from my account. The bank paid the amount with an extra $25.00 fee.

I took the notice to the bank the next day asking what the heck is this all about. They looked it up and found out that supposedly I authorized this company to withdraw $199.99 every month.

I flipped out. I've never gave anyone authoriztion to do this. I was bewildered on how in the world could they have gotten my account number to do this. I requested to stop payment on this and any other transaction from my account to this company. They showed me on the notice where the company's phone number is. And stated I need to find out what the company's name is and for what reason they are doing this transaction. After I find out this information and return it to the bank, they'll file a fraudulant report.

Well I spent over half my lunch hour to call this 800 number, I was greeted with a voice recording of thanking me for this call yet all our reps are busy and to please hold. While on hold, I listened to cheesey songs, inturruped in the middle of each song that all reps are busy at this time, please hold. They didn't even state at the begining of the call what company it is. I called a few more times after work. Once around 5p with the same results as the one at lunch time. Then again at 6:15p with a recording of the name of the company, address and time business hours were. (5:30a-7p Pacific standard time, M-F and 8a-1p on Sat.) Then I was disconnected. They hung up on me.

How dare they do this to me and when I call them to make sense of what's going on, durning their business hours, they are appartently closed and then hanging up.

So in the late evening I went online and found out the real deal about this company. Printed up lots of helpful ways to get them to be the sucker. And my $$$ back!

I will update my progress as this crap goes on. I just worry about the little old lady next door, down the street or across town that's not going to be able to stop these companies from doing this again.

Hoquiam, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2003 12:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capitol-Credit-Alliance/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89114-6101/Capitol-Credit-AllianceCCA-ripped-off-without-authorization-Las-Vegas-Nevada-66055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capitol Credit Alliance