Complaint Review: Capitol One Bank

• Updated: Thu, March 01, 2012

• Reported By: I.D.P — S.Ogden Utah United States of America
Capitol One Bank
P.O. Box 30285, Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Capitol One Bank Reporting to credit agencies that I had a credit card with them. Will not remove disputed info. Salt Lake City, Utah

*Consumer Comment: Get the process in gear

We are in the process of trying to purchase a home and had a report pulled for pre=qualifying purposes. Lo and Behold , Capitol One claims I opened a card in 2005. We called and spoke to a person by the name of Carlos who could not find any history of me, S.S. # etc. We aske dhim to remove the false info. He refused and directed us to dispute it through the 3 bureaus ( what a joke). Capitoll One still claimed the accoutn was mine and even went so far as to say that we piad a payment in 2007. Just so they could adda new date to the bogus credit report. Some one please tell me of an easy way to remove this from my report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2012 08:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capitol-One-Bank/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130/Capitol-One-Bank-Reporting-to-credit-agencies-that-I-had-a-credit-card-with-them-Will-no-847385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capitol One Bank

Get the process in gear

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"He refused and directed us to dispute it through the 3 bureaus ( what a joke)."

That is not a joke. File a dispute with each of the three credit bureaus. It may take up to 30 days for the investigation process, so get started.