Complaint Review: Captial One Bank

• Reported By: NC FURIOUS — Brevard North Carolina
Captial One Bank
Internet USA

Captial One Bank Will not pay money owed to me Internet

On 11/22/2013 a Jumbo CD that I held jointly with my husband matured.  I called the bank and asked that they close the account upon maturity and return my money.  I was only offered the option of having the check mailed to me.

On 12/2/2013 I called again to ask the status of my money.  I was told the check was in their system and would be paid promptly.

Upon return from a holiday trip, I again called the bank on 1/5/2014 and asked for my check.  I was informed that the check had been mailed on 12/3/2013.  I told them I did not have it and asked that they put a STOP PAYMENT on my check and re-issue the check.  I asked if the money could be directly deposited in my account and they said that was not an option.

I was then informed I would have to sign an INDEMNITY AGREEMENT before they would issue a new check.  This agreement says that I am totally responsible for any expense they have with the issuance of the lost check.  In other words, if someone at their bank cashes the first check by mistake, I am responsible for a large amount of money.  This agreement would bind me to be responsible for something I have no control over at all.  dI don't even know for sure they even issued a check.

I refused to sign the agreement and was told they would hold my money for another 90 days (in addition to the 46 days they have not paid me).

I have hired an attorney to write a demand letter, but this really sounds like a class action suit waiting to happen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2014 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Captial-One-Bank/internet/Captial-One-Bank-Will-not-pay-money-owed-to-me-Internetnbsp-1114587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Captial One Bank