Complaint Review: Captures

• Submitted: Mon, December 04, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, August 31, 2007

• Reported By:Aurora Indiana
Captures
14947 NE 95th St Redmond, Washington U.S.A.

Captures - Web Marketing Source Six Thousand Rip Off and nothing to show for it. Redmond Washington

*UPDATE Employee: In Response ...

*UPDATE Employee: I am a Proud to be an Employee of Captures.com

*Consumer Comment: Problems Not Resolved... Only NEW Problems

*UPDATE Employee: Matters resolved

*Consumer Comment: Service is Not What they Say it Is. . having the Same Issues, and Would Love Someone to Share Experiences With

*Author of original report: A rep from Captures.com called us within hours

Jerry Nolke, website consultant, persuaded my sister and I that with the services of his company: Captures.com, we would make more money faster and get our stores recognized in more search engines.

Web Marketing Source aka Captures.com, was to build us a store in 2.5 for a better style, also they were to update two other stores we already have online, with the option to update the rest of our online stores.
As of today, 12-4-2006, we cannot reach them by phone, e-mail or carrier pigeon(?). We leave nessages repeatedly, and e-mail frequently. Some numbers are no longer working numbers and we are very concerned.
We are a new company struggling to survive and need services rendered for the money we invest. The cost of this service is $4749.99 initially, with $99.99 to be charged monthly thereafter for each website. If only we could have some feedback and/or a refund if the service is not to be provided.

Is this a legitate company? Or have we been duped?

Marti
Aurora, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2006 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Captures/Redmond-Washington-98052/Captures-Web-Marketing-Source-Six-Thousand-Rip-Off-and-nothing-to-show-for-it-Redmond-W-223691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Captures

In Response ...

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

This individual has posted numberous reports with the same complaints. They are all being complied under one report now, here...

I am a Proud to be an Employee of Captures.com

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

Yes, Caryn, I am an employee of Captures.com and I am very proud to work where I do. You had stated that you would update this report, like I explained and quoted in my rebuttal. You never got around to it, so we posted your email quotes, like I mentioned.

Unfortunately, we are unable to grant your request, at this time or in the future, due to reason previously explained across the flurry of reports you, and others, have posted.

We back up files regularly, but you will not be sent any disc or any files. If for some reason our servers were to go down, the files would be right back up or transfered to our back up servers.

You can end your contract any time by paying off the rest of your 24 month agreement. You know that, because we have told you several times, that is policy and that is what you signed and agreed to.

Again, we are sorry that you feel you have been mistreated by Captures.com. We hate to see any of our clients feel that way about our services and tend to do everything in our power to keep our customers happy, and still be fair. I would love to help you get the site going, with no hard feelings, so give me a call or email if you want to move ahead.

Problems Not Resolved... Only NEW Problems

AUTHOR: Caryn - (U.S.A.)

Not true! Do not listen to a report posted by an employee of the company...as they only have their best interest in mind, by doing so. I'm extremely unhappy with the service provided by this company. . .and even more so unhappy to find out, that for over $6000 paid, all I get is the rights to use their server, their images, etc. For all this money paid, I do not own one single thing. It's simply pitiful...that they force people through the signing of their contracts over the phone, so you really do not know what you have purchased, until it's too late. It is incredible sneaky of Captures.com to charge so much money for simply rights to use their program. You NEVER have the opportunity to own your own website, when dealing with them, and can NEVER go elsewhere to have your site hosted. They basically hold you hostage with them, and you can only do business with them. I want to cancel my contract, but found out, they expect to receive $2100 for this cancellation. They do absolutely nothing to deserve this money. I have NO PROOF, that my site is being marketed by them. And when I asked Matt Frankling for proof of the work they are doing to my site. . .his response to me was "We don't have to proof anything to you...and we are not obligated to do so. . .but we do the work". If you ARE a legitimate company, that actually DOES the work. . .why is it a problem to show your customer what they are getting for their money. For what you charge, it is certainly NOT too much to ask.

If you'd like to know what would make me happy at this point, here goes:
I want out of my contract, with NO financial obligations. . .and want my entire site and all it files downloaded onto a CD, and provided to me via mail. . .again with no financial obligation, as I have already paid you.

PS - Just note. . .for the record. . .I have NOT received one monthly bill to date from your company. I was told by Alyssa at one time, over the phone, that many bills were sent to my address. . .but that is NOT true. . .as I have not received one to date. Again it's irrelavant, since this is money not deserved, for services not provided.

Since Caryn forgot to post a response, here we go.

"I should not have a reason to use these resources in the future, since we've been working to resolve our issues."

"I appreciate your help and all your efforts, to make sure things run smoothly this time around."

We appreciate you both understanding and taking the time to work with us during this growth period. We have been hiring and training to keep up with our customer demand.

AUTHOR: Caryn - (U.S.A.)

If the person writing this report would like someone to vent to, or share stores with about this company, I would be more than happy to discuss a few of my own experiences with Web Marketing Source/Captures.com

I've also had consistent communication problems with this company. . .and have gotten extremely frustrated with their service. It is certainly not what they promised.

I am getting to the end of my rope, and would really love to have someone to talk to. I also have just started out in business, and have NO money left to invest. I had to take money from my home equity (which I hated to do) to get a website package with this company. I've poured all the money I had left in the world into this site. And all I've asked for is the service I was promised, and responses to my phone calls and e-mails. I'd say that is not too much to ask.

Although I do think it's possible the product they sell is what they say. . .the service certainly is not. My site was supposed to ready a month ago.

Anyone interested in writing me, so we can vent together and share some of our concerns, I'd love to speak with you.

You can write me at (((ROR REDACTED EMAIL FOR SECURITY PURPOSES)))

A fellow frustrated client.

A rep from Captures.com called us within hours

AUTHOR: Marti - (U.S.A.)

A rep from Captures.com called us within hours and explained why the phones were not working and agreed to keep us updated and will help us with the websites. We are in agreement as of this date 12-05-2006.
We hope this will continue as we were really worrying about our business and the money spent.