Complaint Review: Car Audio Express

• Updated: Tue, April 13, 2010

• Reported By: ken — san jose California United States of America
Car Audio Express
463 Blossom Hill Rd San Josse, California United States of America

Car Audio Express Charged me money for ordering an alarm transmitter. After a week, they did not order it and refused to give me a refund. San Josse, California

When my alarm transmitter broke I went to Car Audio Express to see if they can fix it. I went here because it was pretty close to my house. The clerk told me that he would need to order a new transmitter and program it for $109.25. The price was fair so I did not complain. He then charged me the full amount on the spot and told me to call the shop in about a week. I'm down a hundred bucks, going home empty handed but I was excited to be getting a new transmitter in a week.It was easy.

When I came back to the shop a week later to pick it up, a different clerk told me that they did not order it. He then told me that it was my fault for not letting them know what type of transmitter to order? and it is my fault for not leaving a phone number for them to call to ask? they funny part about this is that when I first came in, the clerk who helped me opened up the remote and inspected my car and assured me that he had all of the information he needed to order a new transmitter. The way that they greeted me when I came to pick up the non-existent transmitter was that it was my fault for not providing any information.

I decided I did not want to deal with them any longer. At this time I asked for a refund since they did not provide the service promised. The clerk told me that Car Audio Express will NOT refund my money, they can only give me store credit. His reasoning was that I had purchased the product and now I'm returning it used, but in reality there was no product or service provided of any kind. They did not provide any service period. The only reason why I asked for a refund is because I didn't want to deal with their shop anymore. The clerk sent me away saying that Car Audio Express will contact me?! I thought that this guy was unbelievable so I told him that I will be contacting the BBB and he just told me to "go ahead."

I went home pissed off, empty handed and a $100 bucks short!

Ken, San Jose CA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2010 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Audio-Express/San-Josse-California-95123/Car-Audio-Express-Charged-me-money-for-ordering-an-alarm-transmitter-After-a-week-they-592914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Audio Express