Complaint Review: Car Camera Direct

• Reported By: Doug — Bay Point California
Car Camera Direct
Internet USA

Car Camera Direct steals your money Miami Internet

I ordered a camera from this group, only to try to retract it seconds later once I read online that they were asking way too much for their product.  They would not answer their telephone number (said to call back during normal business hours, but did not state what those hours were).  I also tried the online chat button, only for it to say that no one was available.  So I used their online email contact button, I asked that they cancel the order.  This was on June 27, on June 30th they say they shipped the item anyway and charged my pay-pal and that it was too late for me to cancel it (even though I sent them the email to cancel 3 days earlier).

It turns out they shipped from Hong Kong (even though they say they are based in Miami FL).  Well, the item never arrived, when I told them that, they said that it was out of their control and that I would need to take it up with the carrier USPS.  Well USPS says the only one that can complain and to have the item investiagted is the sending party.  They also said that the sending party should have required a signature and should have also insured the item in case it got lost in transit, none of which this company did.

When I told these folks this, they said too bad so sad, nothing they could do for me (so they basically just ripped me off $150).  When I brought this up to pay-pal, they refused to also give me back my money since there was a tracking number that something (who knows what) was sent, even though there was no proof it ever was actually delivered.

Do not do business with these people, they are crooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2014 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Camera-Direct/internet/Car-Camera-Direct-steals-your-money-Miami-Internet-1161606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Camera Direct