Complaint Review: Car Hop AUTO SALES - UAC - UNIVERSAL ACCEPTANCE CORP

4060 Gravois Ave Saint Louis, Missouri United States of America
  • Phone: 314-664-4144
  • Web:
  • Category:

Car Hop AUTO SALES - UAC - UNIVERSAL ACCEPTANCE CORP Universal Acceptance Corporation The company is a sly and manipulative organization that preys on people who dont know any better. Saint Louis, Missouri

*Author of original report: word for word

*UPDATE Employee: CarHop

When I first went to Car Hop, I thought that my credit was bad enough to settle for a used car.  My boyfriend and I were told that we could be financed with both our incomes.  When we were accepted, we were told that we could choose from a handful of crappy cars.  We finally picked the best of the worst and began signing papers.  We were never told the total amount we were to pay until the last page of the stack of papers that we were signing.  I noticed that we were paying almost $10,000 for a car that was 10 years old with 120,000 miles on it.  The saleswoman told us that there was an 18 month warranty on the car covering all the "big stuff" like engine and transmission.  She also told us that it passed safety testing and all we needed to pay for was emissions ($35).  Well, when we went to get the car registered, we were told that we needed a recent safety test.  I took it to a shop and they told me in order to fix it to code, it would cost me over $2,000....not to mention the emissions failed too.  The check engine light has been on since a week after purchasing the vehicle and when we called to see if the warranty would cover whatever was causing the check engine light to come on, they told us that warranty wont cover it.  So what good is the warranty.  Also, since I had to come up with $800 to get my car registered, I missed a payment.  UAC harassed me and my references numerous times a day, every day.  I am regretful of being a victim of this scam and I want to warn everyone else about it.  And dont let all the customer satisfaction posters in their office fool you either.  That too is a lie because those posters are made before you sign the lease.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2010 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Hop-AUTO-SALES-UAC-UNIVERSAL-ACCEPTANCE-CORP/Saint-Louis-Missouri-63116/Car-Hop-AUTO-SALES-UAC-UNIVERSAL-ACCEPTANCE-CORP-Universal-Acceptance-Corporation-The-558640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Hop AUTO SALES - UAC - UNIVERSAL ACCEPTANCE CORP

word for word

AUTHOR: Heather - (USA)

Why is it that every rebuttal posted by Car Hop or UAC is a scripted response?  I know what the contract says, but the representatives of Car Hop and UAC wont authorize any engine work on my car.  I just think it is a terrible business to be in when you have to scam people and use scripts to back up any reports of fraudulent business.  Trust me, I will never come back to Car Hop and I will not refer my friends and family for some petty $200 off my next payment...if UAC even stands by that claim.  Not only that, UAC still harasses me every day for no reason, even when my payments are made...why?  In addition, a representative from UAC disclosed my personal information regarding my car payments to my landlord(3rd party).  To my understanding, that is not in compliance with federal guidelines.  When I spoke to a manager, she claimed that it didnt sound personal information was disclosed...but she wouldnt let me listen to the call.  Sounds like someone is trying to cover up a big offense.  If this seems like a case worth looking into, I am interested in a counsultation, ASAP.

CarHop

AUTHOR: CarHop - (United States of America)

Although it is unfortunate when any customer has mechanical issues, unforeseen problems do sometimes occur with used vehicles.  To best assist our customers, every vehicle purchased includes a 72 hour Satisfaction Guarantee which allows a vehicle to be returned within 72 hours if our customer is not satisfied.  In addition, each vehicle includes an 18 month / 18,000 limited warranty.  Since this is a limited warranty, the covered items are clearly listed in the paperwork each customer reviews and signs with their approval prior to purchase.  We would happily cover any items included in the warranty.

You can reach us at feedback@carhop.com or toll free at 1-888-826-4227 for direct assistance.  We take customer service very seriously and would like to learn more about your situation.  CarHop has a long-standing strong rating with the Better Business Bureau and we are committed to continuing that level of excellence.