Complaint Review: Car Hop

• Submitted: Sun, December 16, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, January 13, 2013

• Reported By: unsatisfied customer — Blue island Illinois United States of America
Car Hop

Car Hop Car Hop is the worst company ever to go through to get a car! Internet

*Author of original report: Car hop still at it (never resolves issues)!

*Consumer Comment: Forget Dealership Service!

First off the cars are wayyy to expensive for what they are worth! My car was only worth 3,999 according to the Kelly blue book and they charged me 9,000 after everything for a 2002 Ford winstar!

I drove off the lot, went to the gas station car wouldn't start! they sent me to a shop they deal with they tried to charge me out of pocket.

I wen't to 2 dealerships none fixed my problem after I paid 475 in maintainence the problem continued! I parked my car for 8 mo. still paying the notes. Went to get a car, they tried to give me a two-tone color seat 1998 car (was real ugly)!

3 years almost paying off this car (not missing a payment) that has never been fixed, they wouldn't give me a better car because of credit and no down payment. Now it won't run at all and I have 2,000 left on it! Don't ever want to offer them to my worst enemy! I am now in TV and Radio and plan to Make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2012 12:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Hop/internet/Car-Hop-Car-Hop-is-the-worst-company-ever-to-go-through-to-get-a-car-Internet-982729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Hop

Car hop still at it (never resolves issues)!

AUTHOR: unsatisfied customer - (USA)

Carhop told me they was going to approve me for a 2007 or 8 which is very rare and when I got ready to come up there another lady told me she didn't know why the lady would tell me that because some of the operators say anything to their customers and she looks at them like why are they lying to these people!

By their own admission they lie! As far as the other person responding which I don't know why unless they were car hop.... All of their cars are junk...when I went there I drove off the lot and the car died. I wen't to 4 dealers 2 which were from car hop and none of them fixed the problem. I have been on time for 2 1/2 years with a car that was a lemon and never ran right. I don't think that there is anything else I could've done different. Their UAC reps and Carhop agents are telling me not to go back! Rebuttal that? Matter fact call them and rebuttal!

Forget Dealership Service!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You don't need to go to a dealership and pay sky high rates for substandard service!  Look around for a good independent mechanic and I don't mean Walmart, the quick oil change place or a "mechanic" who operates out of a storage unit.