Complaint Review: Car Hop

• Submitted: Thu, June 21, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, June 21, 2012

• Reported By: Nikki — Priorlake Minnesota United States of America
Car Hop

Car Hop lies on warrenty, has very bad service, and does not care about you after you leave the lot! Internet, Internet

I purchased a car from CarHop in May and had problems ever since. When you sign they do not tell you everything you need to know. They said that their warrenty covers the repairs for all the major auto parts but fail to mention that you have to pay for the diagnostic from their auto shops. I called their warrenty department and they sent me to a transmission shop. The shop wanted 180.00 plus 60.00 to just check to see if there was a leak in my car. I told him that was rediculous and I took my car and drove back home. Since the car was running okay I let it slide. The next payment comes around and I see that they did not take the money from my account. I called their UAC department and they said that my bank didn't approve the transaction and I needed to make another payment. So I said okay, and gave them my card information and they took the funds from my account. Three days later my account goes negitive because CarHop decided to take from my account AGAIN! Now I have a overdraft charge along with the payment they took out of my account that they claimed did not go through. I called UAC again and they were very rude about getting me my money back. I told them they took two payments from my account and I needed a refund for that. She told me I had to call Western Union because they do not give refunds. So I called Western Union and she told me she could not give refunds because out of the 900 companies they work with CarHop is one of the 9 that they do not give refunds to. So I call CarHop back and she then tells me that I am letting Western Union pull a fast one over me and I need to demand my money back and if they do not refund it, it is my fault! Western Union did not give me my money back, and CarHop refused to do it, so I just told them to keep it and take it as a second payment for the next two weeks. I hate CarHop's customer service, I hate how they lie to you, and I hate how they continually rip off people with less credit and funds to purchase a better car from a better company. CarHop needs to treat their customers better!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2012 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Hop/internet/Car-Hop-lies-on-warrenty-has-very-bad-service-and-does-not-care-about-you-after-you-lea-900740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Hop