Complaint Review: Car Lux

• Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: calee5484 — Los Angeles California
Car Lux
843 S La Brea Inglewood, California United States of America

Car Lux Arash Soltani (Sonny) & Elmyra $8100 Gone from a Promise Inglewood, California

I gave Sonny $3500 with the promise that he would finance a 2006 Ford Explorer.  Within 30 days the suspension on back wheel broke ($350) and 45 days transmission ($1000)  needed to completely replaced.  All four tires needed to be replaced as all were bald and useless.  Which after doing research on company was a normal trend and pattern of vehicles sold at Car Lux.

During this time I was given multiple promises of things I needed to do to become financed first it was my own licensing which ironically was notified to Sonny before he was given initial deposit. The situation was referred to Elmyra who would handle financing and after giving her two payments of approximately $750 and being notified that Sonny would take care of it.

Sonny finally came to me with the idea that he had a new finance company that would work with me.  I fill out info and application and then my last name was spelled wrong and then I was told to come back.  I waited to hear back.

Everything eventually became my fault and not her responsibility to collect payments or find financing.  Although  I continued to communicate with Car Lux, Sonny, and Elmyra throughout the process I woke up one day to  a repo guy knocking on my door to say they were taking vehicle.

I immediately went to dealership where I was told nothing could be done.    When I add of cost of initial deposit, transmission, suspension,  tires, upkeep, repairs, gas, etc.   This was the biggest wast e of time and money I ever experienced.  All this happened over a 9 month period.  At the end of the day this was a deal that Car Lux (Sonny & Elmyra) could not do and I should have been notified and the deal rewind.  If that meant I be penalized then fine.  But, to be strung along and lied too.  If you are in a similar situation beware.

I have filed suit which will probably be useless because most dealers don't return down payments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 09:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Lux/Inglewood-California-90301/Car-Lux-Arash-Soltani-Sonny-Elmyra-8100-Gone-from-a-Promise-Inglewood-California-1043339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Lux