Complaint Review: Car Max

• Updated: Wed, September 19, 2012

• Reported By: Vicky — Batesburg South Carolina United States of America
Car Max
555 Jamil Road Columbia, South Carolina United States of America

Car Max Makes excuses to discourage customer from having cars being fixed Columbia, South Carolina

I financed a Saturn Ion from Car Max in Columbia, sc and had nothing but problems. I owned the car for 8 months (payed 8 payments) and the car was in the shop 32 times. All four fuel injectors went out, ignition switch stopped working, car would shut off going down the road causing the car to have very little brakes or steering was some of the problems.

I had a warranty that was just about as good as the paper it was written on. Car Max replied by telling me that until they got a diagnosis that they agreed with I could not get a rental car. They even told me by phone that my rental car was approved, so I got a friend of mine to take me down town Columbia to pick up the rental to find out that Car Max never approved it because they had a right to have a 3rd opinion before offering me a rental. I was even sent to the Saturn dealership to wait for my car to be diagnosed even though Carmax did not agree with the diagnosis.

Carmax recommended that I trade my saturn in after 8 months if I was unhappy with it. I did trade it in because after the fuel injectors  were replaced it ran worse than before, but I did not trade it at Carmax. I will never do business with Carmax again or recommend them to anyone because they lie and cheat their customers to make a profit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2012 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Max/Columbia-South-Carolina-29210/Car-Max-Makes-excuses-to-discourage-customer-from-having-cars-being-fixed-Columbia-South-943576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Max