Complaint Review: Car Rental 8

• Reported By: Ted — Winnipeg Manitoba
Car Rental 8

Car Rental 8 Took my money and didnt deliver the service. Internet

*Author of original report: Car Rental 8 did deliver as promised

*UPDATE Employee: Car Rental 8 Took my money and didnt deliver the service. Internet

On March 1, 2013 I rented at car through  Car Rental 8 on the internet for pick up at the Phoenix Sky Habor Airport. They charged my credit card $367.62 and I was to pay the provider, Fox Rental Cars, a balance of $146.52 plus fuel insurance and upgrades etc. for 10 days of car rental.

Fox would not honor the Car Rental 8 voucher 72719830 which I provide to them on my arrival as directed by Car Rental 8. Fox told me they had no control over what a 3 party rental promises.

So I paid Fox Rental the full price of the 10 day rental $470.89

I call Car Rental 8  number 1-817-343-8138  on my return March 20, 2013 and it rang at least 20 times and them went to voice mail. I left a voice mail with my issue and phone number. I have no had a call back.

I have contact my credit card company and they are registering a dispute of the charges by Car Rental 8 and they don't expect any response for at least 6 to 8 weeks.

As of now,  Ripped Off for $367.52

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Rental-8/internet/Car-Rental-8-Took-my-money-and-didnt-deliver-the-service-Internet-1038837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Rental 8

Car Rental 8 did deliver as promised

AUTHOR: Ted - ()

March 29, 2013 Car Rental 8 Customer Service Manager Jim Ingram called me this morning to resolve this dispute.  They did return my voice mail because they had the wrong number.

I emailed him my receipts and he promptly call me back. Jim pointed out all the extra charges that were charge by Fox Car rental taxes $118.36, Loss Damage waiver which I didn't want but charge for  $199.00 and CFC what ever that is for $60.00.

In any case Car Rental 8 did deliver as promised and I appreciate the speedy response after filing my report.

I still feel a little ripped off because a car rental which I expected to pay $51.50 ended up cost me $78.19 per day.

Lesson Learned: slow down and read the fine print.

Car Rental 8 Took my money and didnt deliver the service. Internet

AUTHOR: Car Rental 8 - ()

Mr Gross,

We have left you a message for you to call us so that we can resolve the issue on billing.  It looks as though you have dialed in incorrect phone number as we do not show any records of your call.  Please call us directly so that we can provide you assistance.  888-958-2278